Thursday, August 12, 2010

Six Days!!!

I still have MUCH to plan and have not even begun to pack yet (no surprise, I know), but I am STOKED about the trip! It is looking like the evangelism/hygiene training via Living Water International will take place Aug. 19-21st with the dedication of the new clean-water well and feast on August 22nd.

Then, tentatively, I will be headed a little ways north to Jinja for a couple days to check out some possible future projects including Tukula (www.tukula.org) and JjaJja Barb's House of Angels (orphanage). I will also be visiting an orphanage started by House of Friends (www.houseoffriends.org) which is the C3 non-profit I am currently working alongside.

Following my trip to Jinja, I will be headed south to Mityana, where I will be staying a day or so with my previous host-family, and will be collecting footage/information on a future water-project for an orphanage the Pease family (host) volunteers alongside.

And then??? Back to Entebbe to paint the newly built house for Abba House orphanage, to shop for clothing, school supplies, food, and other needed necessities for the kids, to see to completion and collect footage for the building of the security fence around Abba House/New Life School property, and to plant new seeds and tend to the vegetable garden on the property which was planted during an earlier trip.

Dates are not yet set in stone--except for the evangelism/hygiene trainings. . .but I will be sure to keep you all updated and would LOVE to hear comments and/or receive e-mails at amyrose.tomlinson@gmail.com


2 comments:

  1. Wow, getting closer! You need to get in touch with Beth so we can give you some things to make your packing that much more difficult. :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! FC will be following you as you travel to Uganda... I am so proud of you and can't wait to hear about your trip.

    luv and lots of prayers!

    Beth :)

    ReplyDelete